Facebook Phoenix, AZ 85067
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs Research (FRL Research) brings together a world-class R&D team of researchers, developers, and engineers with the shared goal of developing AR and VR across the spectrum. The Surreal Vision group at FRL Research is seeking exceptional research scientists to solve the next generation of research challenges on the path to building future machine perception enabled technologies. The aim of this role is to develop and advance computer vision algorithms and SW systems for real-time and offline SLAM, visual odometry, localization, 3D reconstruction, and object understanding.
1. Research, develop and prototype advanced software technologies in the domain of tracking, 3D reconstruction, localization, object detection, and scene understanding
2. Analyze and improve efficiency, accuracy, scalability, and stability of currently deployed systems
3. Collaborate with team members throughout the lifetime of a project, from prototyping to deployed products
4. Deliver research results that have a direct impact on Facebook and Oculus products
5. PhD in the field of computer vision, robotics or equivalent
6. Background in advanced geometric computer vision, including tracking, SLAM, visual-inertial odometry, state estimation, mapping, object understanding, scene reconstruction, or relocalization technologies
7. Mathematical background and understanding of numerical optimization, linear algebra, probabilistic estimation and 3D geometry
8. 5+ years experience with a mastery of modern features in C++ or Python
9. Experience designing machine learning algorithms, including experience creating software for data loading, training, and inference of novel ML architectures
10. Experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch
11. Experience understanding, developing, and analyzing complex systems
12. Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
13. Experience with SLAM systems e.g. monocular, stereo, visual-inertial or RGBD
14. Background in optics or computational imaging
15. Experience working in a Linux environment
16. Broad understanding of the full machine vision pipeline from sensors to high-level algorithms
17. Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, BMVC, ICRA, IROS, or SIGGRAPH
18. Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub.)
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.